Celebrate the Chinese New Year on February 8, 2016 – It’s the Year of the Fire Monkey!
Have you ever wondered the meaning behind the Lunar New Year traditions?
Looking to have a a lucky, prosperous year?
So take a peak into your Chinese horoscope & try some of these traditions:
Hóunián sòng ni wuzhi hóu – (Translation – THIS MONKEY YEAR, I GIVE YOU 5 MONKEYS)
- Clean the house thoroughly on New Year’s Eve – sweeping away any misfortunes, making room to fresh start in the New Year
- Give red envelopes with some money to children – given by married people in order to pass on wealth to those who “need it most”
- Set off some firecrackers – drive away those evil spirits
- Decorate your home with red lanterns, the “Fu” (luck character) & give your family a “money tree” gift – symbolize prosperity & good fortune
- Come together as a family & have a feast – celebrate togetherness, a reminder to enjoy yourself after a year of hard work, the feasts reinforce the importance and fortitude of family.
And of course, try something new in the new year – Reflexology